Recent Posts

PropellerAds

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.

I was reading the Bible and took a break to go into the kitchen to get some tea.  While in the kitchen, I heard the still, small voice of God say to me, “I give you richly all things to enjoy”.  I then heard, “On earth as it is in heaven”.  I was prompted to look up the verses!  The first verse referenced by the Lord was 1 Timothy 6:17:
“Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy.”
The second verse was from Matthew 6:10.  Here’s Matthew 6:8-10:
[Jesus Speaking] 8 Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven,

Hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.”
God put it the two verses together and said, “I give you richly all things to enjoy, on earth as it is in heaven.  The reason you don’t have the things I want to give you is that you think you don’t deserve them.”
Ouch.  I am blocking my own blessing by how I think and what I believe in my heart.
So, let’s get to work changing my heart!  I am meditating on 1 Timothy 6:17 by saying, “God is giving me richly all things to enjoy.  I am blessed to be a blessing to others.”
John 10:10 says, “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”  The Greek word “zoe” for “life” means the same life that is resident in God Himself.  So when the Bible says that we are to have life (zoe) more abundantly, it is literally saying that God wants to manifest heaven on the earth!  We don’t have to wait.  We can experience God’s favor and abundance while we are on the earth.  We can be blessed to be a blessing!
And, in 2 Corinthians 9:8, it says, “And God is able to make all grace [every favor and earthly blessing] come in abundance to you, so that you may always [under all circumstances, regardless of the need] have complete sufficiency in everything [being completely self-sufficient in Him], and have an abundance for every good work and act of charity.”  In other words, God wants us to have more than enough!
Think about this.  John 14:1-2 says, “ “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.”  Jesus is preparing a mansion for me in heaven!  So, I’m looking forward to my nice home here on earth.  After all, God wants to bless me here “on earth as it is in heaven”!
The word “deem” is a verb that means “to view as” or “judge”.  Deem comes from the Old English word, deman — meaning “act as a judge.” If you deem something, you essentially become the judge of whether it has a characteristic in your life.  Therefore, deem means to keep in mind, hold, view as, assert, affirm, consider, reckon, regard or see something.
My new thought is that I judge myself – I consider myself – I regard myself as being prosperous so I can be blessed to be a blessing.  I assert that God is giving me richly all things to enjoy.  And, more importantly, I give Him all the credit and all the glory.  I will trust in God – not in the money.
Here’s 1 Timothy 6:17 from various different versions of the Bible:
AMP (Amplified)
As for the rich in this present world, instruct them not to be conceited and arrogant, nor to set their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly and ceaselessly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.
CEV (Contemporary English Version)
Warn the rich people of this world not to be proud or to trust in wealth that is easily lost. Tell them to have faith in God, who is rich and blesses us with everything we need to enjoy life.
ERV (Easy-To-Read Version)
Give this command to those who are rich with the things of this world. Tell them not to be proud. Tell them to hope in God, not their money. Money cannot be trusted, but God takes care of us richly. He gives us everything to enjoy.
EXB (Expanded Bible)
Command those who are rich ·with things of this world [in the present age] not to be proud [arrogant; haughty]. Tell them to hope in God, not in their uncertain riches. God richly gives us everything to enjoy.
GW (God’s Word Translation)
Tell those who have the riches of this world not to be arrogant and not to place their confidence in anything as uncertain as riches. Instead, they should place their confidence in God who richly provides us with everything to enjoy.
GNT (Good News Translation)
Command those who are rich in the things of this life not to be proud, but to place their hope, not in such an uncertain thing as riches, but in God, who generously gives us everything for our enjoyment.
NASB (New American Standard Bible)
Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy.
NCV (New Century Version)
Command those who are rich with things of this world not to be proud. Tell them to hope in God, not in their uncertain riches. God richly gives us everything to enjoy.
NET (New English Translation)
Command those who are rich in this world’s goods not to be haughty or to set their hope on riches, which are uncertain, but on God who richly provides us with all things for our enjoyment.
NIV (New International Version)
Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.
NLV (New Life Version)
Tell those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money. Money cannot be trusted. They should put their trust in God. He gives us all we need for our happiness.
NLT (New Living Translation)
Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment.
God can and will supply not only our needs, but our desires, if we let Him!  Remember to give Him all the glory!
I’m reminded of Ephesians 3:20 (AMP), which says, “Now to Him who is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly more than all that we dare ask or think [infinitely beyond our greatest prayers, hopes, or dreams], according to His power that is at work within us“.  God works within us.
Here’s a great verse in 2 Corinthians 9:8 (NLT), which says, “And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.
Here’s another great passage in 2 Corinthians 9:11-15 (NCV):
” 11 He [God] will make you rich in every way so that you can always give freely. And your giving through us will cause many to give thanks to God. 12 This service you do not only helps the needs of God’s people, it also brings many more thanks to God. 13 It is a proof of your faith. Many people will praise God because you obey the Good News of Christ—the gospel you say you believe—and because you freely share with them and with all others. 14 And when they pray, they will wish they could be with you because of the great grace that God has given you. 15 Thanks be to God for his gift that is too wonderful for words.”